- One single plain gold or silver stud in each ear is permitted; the stud must be worn in the lower part of the earlobe and must be removed for PE and swimming. No other visible piercings.
Please ensure that your child’s uniform is labelled.
- Blazer – year 6 only
- Purple Mill Hill jumper or cardigan.
- White shirts (all years) no polo shirts. Short sleeved shirts for Nursery and Reception. Long or short sleeved shirts for Years 1 – 6.
- School ties (all years). Parents may choose either the clip on or elasticated ties.
- Black or grey school trousers, skirts or dresses (no leggings).
- Shoes must be formal, flat dress style and plain black leather, patent leather or leather looking. They must be able to be polished and must have no visible logos. Trainer style shoes/pumps, regardless of the retailer description, are not allowed. Canvas or fabric shoes are not allowed. Medical information can be provided to the Academy if alternative footwear is needed.
- Plain black or grey socks or tights.
- Plain (no buckles, fur etc) black, leather/patent ankle boots. These should be ‘Chelsea’ style and not Doc Martens for example.
- In the summer, purple, checked, gingham dresses with white socks or plain black or grey tailored shorts may be worn if parents/carers wish.
PE Kit: Reception – Year 6
Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is labelled.
- Plain black (no logos) jogging bottoms, shorts or leggings.
- Purple Mill Hill PE T-Shirt
- Trainers (preferably no pumps)
- Black or purple plain jumper/tracksuit top (no logos) or Mill Hill fleece.
Hair and Beauty
- No extreme hairstyles, colours or novelty accessories (unless there is a special request to the Principal, or there is an organised Academy event).
- Hairstyles must be plain and practical for school. There should be no extremes of fashion: including steps, lines, shaved styles, elaborate braiding or non-natural hair colouring.
- Long hair should be tied back in a bobble.
- No make-up
- No nail varnish, gel polish or acrylic nails and nails should be kept short.